Now my style is usually "shabby chic", asymetrical, rough-edged and intentionally non-traditional. This bride is both dainty and traditional and I have no idea if she will like what I came up with.
- cream bridal satin from Grandma Ruth Baumgarten's wedding dress (scraps remain from when it was deconstructed to make Laura Fisk Roose's wedding dress in 2003....no, I don't ever throw fabric away, especially if it has history!)
- Purple and black silk brocade with Chinese medallion pattern (purchased in Hawaii, 1976) in honor of Angela's time spent in China.
- Plum polyester (from my stash - who knows what I bought it for? - hope it matches)
- vintage handmade heirloom laces (see below)
- 3 satin-covered buttons from Grandma Ruth's wedding dress
So, we'll see if it matches - she does have another one already, that she can use to toss!
I'd wear it for a photo, but don't think it would help you. You'll have to imagine it on a young leg until after the wedding.